Sunday 15 November 2009

Chemistry

Since most of my products are chemical based and involves chemistry, it would be my pleasure to start this blog by defining chemistry.

Chemistry can be simply defined as the science that systematically studies the composition, properties, and activities of organic and inorganic substances and various elementary forms of matter. 

As the earth originated, chemistry also began to play its important role in this world. Life itself also began as a result of chemicals. Our bodies are made of chemicals. When we eat, breathe, or just sit down, chemical reactions are taking place. In fact, all matter is made of chemicals. We are made of chemicals. So is all plants and animals, our houses, the sun, drugs, food etc. 

Many of the changes we observe in the world around us are caused by chemical reactions. Examples are climate change, changing colours of leaves, cooking food, aging, getting clean etc. Even our thoughts and emotions are as a result of neurochemical reactions in our brains.

Some knowledge of chemistry can help you make day to day decisions that can help your life. Which ingredients in this cosmetic is not safe for me? Can I mix these household chemicals? Will my bottled water expire? What are safe mosquito repellents? How can I save money by making my own cosmetics and medicine? And so on...

No comments:

Post a Comment